Source: Permanent Secretary Ministry of Legal Affairs (St. John's)
Antigua and Barbuda's Culture Minister, Paul Chet Greene, has told local media that the ABLP government is yet to set aside a day for the observance of a new incarnation of the National Heroes Day annual non-working public holiday in Antigua and Barbuda, as "it has serious implications for the other holidays and has to be discussed with the Chamber of Commerce and other stakeholders".
Last year (19-Aug-2014), shortly after coming to power, the Antigua and Barbuda Labour Party (ABLP) tabled changes to the Antigua and Barbuda Public Holidays Amendment Act to reverse some of the provisions of the "Public Holidays (Amendment) Act, 2005" which changed the name of the December 9th, "Sir Vere Cornwall Bird (Snr.) Day", public holiday, created in 2001, but on another date initially (28-Dec-2000, by then ruling Antigua Labour Party (04-Mar-2004) to "National Heroes' Day" (15-Sep-2005).
At that time, Attorney General, Steadroy Benjamin, had announced that another day would be set aside for the observance of National Heroes Day as well as making the declaration of a public holiday on the day after a general election (12-Jun-2014 and 13-Mar-2009), systematic.
• Antigua and Barbuda bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2015)
Antigua and Barbuda 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Antigua and Barbuda 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Antigua and Barbuda 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Antigua and Barbuda 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Antigua and Barbuda 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-08-19: Antigua and Barbuda Public Holidays Amendments Act 2014
• 2014-06-12: Antigua and Barbuda Electoral Public Holiday June 13
• 2009-03-13: Antigua and Barbuda Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2005-09-15: Antigua and Barbuda Renames VC Bird Day Public Holiday
• 2004-03-04: Antigua and Barbuda Public Holidays Amendments Act 2004
• 2000-12-28: Antigua and Barbuda Public Holidays Amendment Gazetted