Source: Office of the Administrator (Indian Ocean Territories)
The Administrator of Australia's Indian Ocean Territories, Barry Haase, has signed the "Community Bulletin A38/2015 and Gazette 03-2015 for Christmas Island" which officially gazettes the annual bank holidays and public holidays on Christmas Island for the upcoming calendar year 2016.
The aforementioned listing was gazetted in the Proclamation - Special and Bank Holidays 2016 Territory of Christmas Island (No. 03/2015).
In 2016, contrary to what was the case in some previous years (21-Aug-2014, 27-Sep-2013, 13-Aug-2008, 14-Aug-2007, and 31-Aug-2000), there will be no conflict between two of the Christmas Island public holidays, avoiding the required tinkering with the public holidays dates on Christmas Island.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Christmas Island bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2015)
Christmas Island 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Christmas Island 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Christmas Island 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-06-19: Christmas Island 2018 Public Holidays
• 2016-06-26: Christmas Island 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-06-10: Christmas Island 2017 Public Holidays
• 2014-08-21: Christmas Island 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-27: Christmas Island 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-08-13: Christmas Island Announces Chinese New Year Public Holiday Change Of Date
• 2007-08-14: Christmas Island Changes 2008 Labour Day Public Holiday
• 2000-08-31: Christmas Island Changes 2001 Labour Day Public Holiday