Source: Kuwait Civil Service Commission (Kuwait City)
The Kuwaiti Civil Service Commission (CSC) has declared, Saturday, May 16, 2015, as an official non-working public holiday in Kuwait on account of the upcoming Ascension of Prophet Muhammad Israa wal Meraj annual public holiday of Kuwait.
Contrary to what was done in past years (14-May-2014, 27-Jun-2011, 09-Jul-2009, 09-Jul-2008 and 04-Aug-2007), but not systematically (14-Jun-2013 and 11-May-2012), the Kuwaiti Civil Service Commission did not declare a day in lieu public holiday for the Israa and Meraj annual public holiday due to it falling on a weekend, and the aforementioned CSC announcement clearly states that "Sunday, May 17, 2015, will be a working day".
The weekend in Kuwait changed from Thursday/Friday to Friday/Saturday, in 2007 (03-Jun-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2015)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-04-10: Kuwaiti Public Holiday April 15
• 2017-04-12: Kuwaiti Public Holiday April 27
• 2016-04-29: Kuwaiti Public Holiday May 5
• 2014-05-14: Kuwaiti Public Holiday May 29
• 2013-06-14: Brazilian July 2013 Rio Public Holidays Confirmed
• 2012-05-11: Kuwait Public Holiday June 17
• 2011-06-27: Kuwait Declares June 30 Public Holiday
• 2009-07-09: Kuwait Confirms Moving Of Prophet's Ascension Public Holiday
• 2008-07-09: Kuwait Confirms Day In Lieu For Upcoming Prophet's Ascension Public Holiday
• 2007-08-04: Kuwait Officializes Weekend Change from Thursday-Friday to Friday-Saturday
• 2007-06-03: Kuwait Weekends Will Change to Friday-Saturday In September