Source: Montsame Agency (Ulaanbaatar)
The Mongolian government has announced that Tuesday, December 29, 2015, would be a non-working public holiday in Mongolia, on account of the upcoming commemoration of Mongolian "Restoration of National Freedom and Independence".
A few years ago (20-Dec-2011), a draft law called for December 29 to be an annual non-working public holiday in Mongolia. However, in the end, the Mongolian Cabinet decided to declare Thursday, December 29, 2011, as a one-off public holiday only in 2011, as it corresponded with the 100th anniversary of Mongolia's National Liberation Revolution.
As December 29 fell on a Saturday and a Sunday, respectively, in 2012 and 2013, the holiday was not included in the announcement of these 2 years' public holidays in Mongolia announcements.
But, in 2014, the Mongolian Cabinet has finally decided to declare December 29 as an annual non-working public holiday in Mongolia, to be called "National independence Day" (25-Jun-2014).
• Mongolia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2015)
Mongolia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mongolia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mongolia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-11-01: Mongolian Public Holiday November 8-9
• 2016-12-15: Mongolian 105th National Liberation Public Holiday December 29
• 2016-10-29: Mongolian Public Holiday October 31
• 2014-06-25: Mongolia Adds December 29 Public Holiday
• 2011-12-20: Mongolia Public Holiday December 29