Source: Pakistan's Ministry of Interior (Islamabad)
After some initial reports, earlier today, that the Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Government of Pakistan was considering declaring the eve of the upcoming, November 9, Iqbal Day non-working public holiday as an additional non-working public holiday in Pakistan, it then did an about-face and issued the Circular F. No. 2/4/2014 which actually cancels the Iqbal Day Public Holiday in Pakistan for the current calendar year 2015.
has announced the dates for the upcoming Ashura (Martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hossain) annual non-working public holidays throughout Pakistan for the calendar year 2015, as Friday and Saturday, October 23 and 24, 2015 (Muharram 9 and 10).
The expected observance of November 9, the birth anniversary of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, as a non-working public holiday in Pakistan, was in line with the "expected dates for public and optional holidays for the calendar year 2015" published by the Government of Pakistan at the beginning of the current year (12-Jan-2015), as the aforementioned Circular F. No. 2/4/2014 points-out ("Public holiday declared for November 9, 2015, via the Ministry of the Interior circular number 2/4/2014 dated 2nd January 2015, is hereby canceled ab initio").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Pakistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2015)
Pakistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Pakistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Pakistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-01-27: Pakistan 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-11-07: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2016-12-25: Pakistan 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-08: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Restoration Ruled-Out
• 2016-02-01: Pakistan 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-11-15: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Legal Wrangles
• 2015-01-12: Pakistan 2015 Public Holidays Announced