Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The government of the Philippines has once again confirmed that, despite many reports to the contrary, the upcoming EDSA Special Holiday was restricted to schools only, and that Wednesday, February 25, 2015, would therefore be a regular working day in the Philippines, and not a non-working public holiday in the Philippines.
Last summer (23-Jul-2014), the government of the Philippines had gazetted the Proclamation No. 831, s. 2014, signed by President Benigno Aquino III, and which listed the special and regular non-working public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2015.
However, such rumours that the EDSA will be a non-working public holiday in the Philippines come back almost every year (24-Feb-2014 and 24-Feb-2013).
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2015)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-01-19: Philippines Public Holiday February 25
• 2015-07-15: Philippines Adds 2015-2016 Public Holidays
• 2014-07-23: Philippines 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-02-24: Philippines 2014 EDSA Public Holiday Clarification
• 2013-02-24: Philippines EDSA Holiday Clarification