Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Malacañang has issued Memorandum Circular 84, signed on behalf of Philippines' President, Benigno Aquino III, by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr, which extends the previously-announced November one-off public holidays declared in the Manila National Capital Region (NCR), on account of the 2015 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders' Meeting.
Last summer (15-Jul-2015), Philippines' President, Benigno Aquino III, had issued "Proclamation No. 1072 (s. 2015)" which declared 2 additional one-off non-working public holidays, on Wednesday and Thursday, November 18 and 19, 2015, in the Philippines on account of the upcoming APEC 2015 summit, thus amending the previously released (23-Jul-2014) list of official 2015 non-working public holidays in the Philippines (Proclamation No. 831, s. 2014).
Note, however, that today's "Memorandum Circular No. 84, s. 2015", issued upon the recommendation of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation – Office of the Director General (APEC- ODG), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), only declares Tuesday, and Friday, November 17 and 20, 2015, as non-working public holidays for the civil service ("government offices, including Government-Owned or – Controlled Corporations") and within Metro Manilla region ("in the National Capital Region").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2015)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-27: Philippines Public Sector Holiday March 28
• 2018-03-14: Philippines Public Holiday March 28
• 2017-10-23: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays November 13-14-15
• 2017-09-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out For Now
• 2017-04-21: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays April 27-28
• 2017-01-03: Philippines Public Holiday January 9
• 2015-07-15: Philippines Adds 2015-2016 Public Holidays
• 2014-07-23: Philippines 2015 Public Holidays Announced