Source: Prime Minister's Office (Port-Louis)
The Cabinet of the Government of Mauritius has released its official annual list of the non-working public holidays in Mauritius for the upcoming calendar year 2017.
Last year (14-Jun-2015), after many years (26-Jul-2014, 14-Jun-2013, 02-Jun-2012 and 14-Sep-2011), when no new annual non-working public holidays were declared in Mauritius, the list of annual non-working public holidays in Mauritius for 2016 included a non-working public holiday for the Tamizh Puttaandu (Varusha Pirappu or Tamil New Year), though no non-working public holiday was declared in 2016 in Mauritius for Thaipoosam Cavadee.
It now seems that the Tamizh Puttaandu public holiday of Mauritius will alternate every year with Thaipoosam Cavadee, as was already the case for the Assumption and All Saints annual non-working public holidays of Mauritius.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mauritius bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2016)
Mauritius 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mauritius 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mauritius 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mauritius 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mauritius 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-26: Mauritius 2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-05-13: Mauritius 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-06-14: Mauritius 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-07-26: Mauritius 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-06-14: Mauritius 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-06-02: Mauritius 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-09-14: Mauritius 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted