Source: Agencia de Informção de Moçambique (Maputo)
Mozambique's Minister of Labour (Ministra do Trabalho, Emprego e Segurança Social - MITESS), Vitória Dias Diogo, has announced a one-off non-working public sector holidays in Mozambique, on March 25, 2016, on account of Good Friday.
As per the aforementioned announcement, the one-off non-working public sector holidays in Mozambique, on March 25, 2016, on account of Good Friday, is limited to Christians ("tolerância de ponto a todos os trabalhadores e funcionários públicos que professam a religião cristã"), but we expect many to become Christian just for that occasion.
The declaration of one-off non-working public holidays is a relatively common feature of Mozambique's official public holidays calendar (30-Dec-2015, 14-Jan-2015, 21-Dec-2013, 01-Aug-2013, 21-Dec-2012, 05-Dec-2011, 16-Oct-2011, 29-Dec-2010, 23-Dec-2010,...), in particular as Mozambique's Labour Code gives the Minister of Labour the authority to declare one-off public holidays in Mozambique.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mozambique bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2016)
Mozambique 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mozambique 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mozambique 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mozambique 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mozambique 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-12-30: Mozambique 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-01-14: Mozambique Public Holiday January 15
• 2013-12-21: Mozambique Public Holidays January 1-3
• 2013-08-01: Mozambique Public Holiday October 15
• 2012-12-21: Mozambique Public Holiday December 24
• 2011-12-05: Mozambique Electoral Public Holiday December 7
• 2011-10-16: Mozambique Public Holiday Declared For October 19
• 2010-12-29: Mozambique Declares December 31 Public Sector Holiday
• 2010-12-23: Mozambique Declares Tomorrow Public Sector Holiday