Source: Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda (Kampala)
Uganda's permanent secretary in the Ministry of Public Service, Catherine Bitarakwate, has announced that the government of Uganda had declared that Wednesday, February 24, 2016, would be yet another non-working public holiday in Uganda, this time on account of the upcoming election of Local Government Leaders.
Recall that, last week, both Tuesday and Thursday, February 16 and 18, 2016, were declared as one-off non-working public holidays, in honour of Archbishop Janani Luwum (09-Feb-2016) and on account of last week's presidential polls (10-Feb-2016), respectively.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Uganda bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2016)
Uganda 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Uganda 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Uganda 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-05: Ugandan Public Holiday July 10
• 2018-06-19: Uganda Mulls July 10 Public Holiday
• 2016-03-01: Uganda Rules-Out March 2 Public Holiday
• 2016-02-10: Ugandan Public Holiday February 18
• 2016-02-09: Ugandan Public Holiday February 16