Source: Kuwait Al Youm (Kuwait Gazette)
The Kuwaiti amended Private Sector Labor Law took effect this week after its publication in the official gazette following the approval by the National Assembly of an amendment linking, or rather unlinking, annual leave days, the weekends, and public holidays in Kuwait.
The aforementioned amended Private Sector Labor Law thus amends the labour law gazetted 7 years ago (22-Feb-2010, 25-Dec-2009, 18-Feb-2009 and 03-Feb-2009), the "State of Kuwait New Private Sector Labour Law No.6 Of 2010", which increased the number of public holidays for the private sector from eight, currently, to thirteen, including three days for Eid Al-Fitr, three days for Eid Al-Adha, as well as the February 26, Liberation Day, public holiday, a public sector only holiday beforehand.
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2017)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-01-01: Kuwait Mulls Additional Public Holidays Extension
• 2010-02-22: Kuwait New Labour Law Officially Gazetted
• 2009-12-25: Kuwait Approves New Labour Law
• 2009-02-18: Kuwait Labour Law Amendments To Reach Assembly By March 3
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law