Source: Kabar Kyrgyz National News Agency (Bishkek)
The parliamentary committee on social affairs, education, science, culture and healthcare of the Parliament of Kyrgyzstan has approved the draft law on the establishment of November 7-8 as a "Days of History and Memory of Ancestors".
Last week (26-Oct-2017), the Information Support Department of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic has announced that President Almazbek Atambaev had signed a decree "On Establishing Days of History and Memory of Ancestors", which "recommends to the deputies of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic to make relevant changes to the Labor Code of the Kyrgyz Republic related to the announcement on 7 and 8 November of non-working holidays", while scant days earlier (24-Oct-2017), by the Kyrgyz Ministry of Labour, Migration and Youth that Tuesday, November 7, 2017, would be an official non-working public holiday in Kyrgyzstan, on account of the upcoming Day of the Great October Socialist Revolution, annual non-working public holiday of the Kyrgyz Republic, an announcement, as those in past years (28-Oct-2015, 02-Nov-2012 and 02-Nov-2011), made in accordance with Article 113 of the Labor Code, and in line with the approved calendar of 2017 public holidays of the Kyrgyz Republic as announced late last year (09-Jan-2017).
The November 7 public holiday of the Kyrgyz Republic had been removed from the list of Kyrgyzstan public holidays in 1991, following the fall of the Soviet Union. But, a decade later (10-Dec-2001), Kyrgyzstan's parliament voted to reinstate the November 7 annual anniversary of Russia's 1917 Bolshevik revolution as a non-working public holiday.
• Kyrgyzstan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2017)
Kyrgyzstan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kyrgyzstan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kyrgyzstan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kyrgyzstan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kyrgyzstan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-14: Kyrgyzstan November 2018 Public Holidays
• 2017-11-15: Kyrgyzstan Public Holidays Amendments Voted
• 2017-10-26: Kyrgyzstan To Amend November Public Holidays
• 2017-10-24: Kyrgyzstan Public Holiday November 7
• 2017-01-09: Kyrgyzstan 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-10-28: Kyrgyzstan Public Holiday November 9
• 2012-11-02: Kyrgyzstan Public Holiday November 7
• 2011-11-02: Kyrgyzstan Public Holidays Announced November 7-8
• 2001-12-10: Kyrgyzstan Restores Soviet-Era Public Holiday