Source: Portal Paraguayo de Noticias (PPN)
Earlier today, Paraguay's president, Horacio Cartes, released the executive decree No.8183 making the afternoon of Thursday, December 7, 2017, once again a one-off public sector holiday in Paraguay, beginning at 12:00, noon, local time.
This decree, signed on November 30, but released today, applies to "la administración pública y las entidades descentralizadas", and is in addition to the list of annual non-working public holidays in Paraguay for 2017 as announced late last year (22-Nov-2016), precedes the December 8 annual nationwide public holiday in Paraguay for the Virgen de Caacupé (21-Nov-2017).
In the past (05-Dec-2016, 04-Dec-2015, 07-Dec-2010 and 07-Dec-2009), under similar circumstances, Paraguay's respective presidents, had signed executive decrees making the afternoon of December 7, a one-off public sector holiday, beginning at 12:00, noon, local time, except in 2010 when it started at 11:00.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Paraguay bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2017)
Paraguay 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Paraguay 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Paraguay 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-21: Paraguay 2018 Public Holidays Released
• 2016-12-05: Paraguay Public Sector Holiday December 7
• 2016-11-22: Paraguay 2017 Public Holidays Released
• 2015-12-04: Paraguay Public Sector Holiday December 7
• 2010-12-07: Paraguay Declares This Afternoon A Public Holiday
• 2009-12-07: Paraguay Declares Half-Day Public Sector Holiday