Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Malacañang has issued a communique ruling out for now the declaration of October 31 as a non-working public holiday in the Philippines capital, Manila, on account of the upcoming ASEAN Summit (“On ASEAN holiday. No official issuance yet. Will post once provided.").
The aforementioned declaration of a one-off non-working public holiday in the Philippines capital, Manila, on account of the upcoming ASEAN Summit, would thus amend the list of official public holidays in the Philippines, released last summer (18-Aug-2016), when Rodrigo Duterte signed Proclamation No. 50, s. 2016.
Earlier this year (21-Apr-2017), Malacañang had issued Memorandum Circular 18 which declared 2 one-off non-working public holidays in the Manila National Capital Region (NCR), on Thursday and Friday, April 27 and 28, 2017, on account of the upcoming 2017 ASEAN Summit.
Previous ASEAN and APEC summits in the Philippines were also declared as one-off non-working public holidays in the Philippines in the past (05-Oct-2015, 15-Jul-2015, 05-Jan-2007, 24-Dec-2006, 12-Dec-2006, 26-Nov-2006, 25-Nov-2006, and 19-Nov-2006).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2017)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-27: Philippines Public Sector Holiday March 28
• 2018-03-14: Philippines Public Holiday March 28
• 2017-04-21: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays April 27-28
• 2016-08-18: Philippines 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-10-05: Philippines Extends APEC 2015 Public Holidays
• 2015-07-15: Philippines Adds 2015-2016 Public Holidays
• 2007-01-05: Philippines Announces ASEAN Summit Public Holidays
• 2006-12-24: Philippines ASEAN Summit Public Holidays Dates Still Uncertain
• 2006-12-12: Philippines Postpones ASEAN Summit And Public Holidays
• 2006-11-26: Philippines Clarifies ASEAN Public Holidays Details, Again
• 2006-11-25: Philippines Clarifies ASEAN Public Holidays Details
• 2006-11-19: Philippines Declares ASEAN Public Holidays