Source: Jornal de Angola (Luanda)
The Angolan National Assembly has passed the "Law of Amendment to the Law of National Holidays, Locations and Dates of National Celebration" thus adding March 23 to the list of annual non-working public holidays in Angola.
A couple of months ago (22-Jun-2018), the Angolan National Assembly has approved, but without consensus, the aforementioned Lei de Alteração à Lei dos Feriados Nacionais, Locais e Datas de Celebração Nacional, which came to the fore and onto the legislative roster, earlier the same month (09-Jun-2018), and would amend the current public holidays legislation of Angola, the "Ley de los Feriados Nacionales y Locales" which revised the legislation on public holidays in Angola, almost a decade ago (15-Feb-2011, 20-Jan-2011 and 16-Dec-2010). At that time the preceding changes to the public holidays legislation of Angola dated from 2003 (24-Mar-2003) and before that from 1996 (30-Sep-1996).
Then, last month (21-Jul-2018), The Angolan National Assembly postponed the scheduled final vote on the "Law of Amendment to the Law of National Holidays, Locations and Dates of National Celebration" due to a persisting lack of consensus among political parties, with reports that "the Speaker of the National Assembly said only that it is expected that the bill will be approved at the next session, scheduled for August 9".
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Angola bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2018)
Angola 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Angola 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Angola 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Angola 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-21: Angola Public Holidays Legislation Amendments Postponed
• 2018-06-22: Angola Public Holidays Legislation Amendments Update
• 2018-06-09: Angola Mulls Public Holidays Legislation Amendments
• 2011-02-15: Angola Public Holidays Revision Signed Into Law
• 2011-01-20: Angola Approves Revised Public Holidays Law
• 2010-12-16: Angola Revises Public Holidays Legislation
• 2003-03-24: Angola Gazettes New Public Holidays Legislation
• 1996-09-30: Angola Votes New Public Holidays Legislation