Source: El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa)
The executive director of the Tegucigalpa Chamber of Commerce (Cámara de Comercio e Industrias de Tegucigalpa - CCIT), Rafael Medina, has asked the Honduran government to reconsider the grouping of the 3 October public holidays into the so-called "Morazánica Public Holidays", due to the prevailing weather conditions in October in Honduras.
Before 2014, Honduras had 3 annual October non-working public holidays, on the 3rd, the 12th and the 21st, and over the years, the government of Honduras often tinkered with these 3 annual non-working public holidays (03-Oct-2013, 24-Sep-2013, 06-Oct-2012, 01-Oct-2012, 30-Sep-2011, 09-Apr-2003, 25-Oct-2008, 03-Oct-2007, 02-Oct-2006, and 30-Sep-2005).
The "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre", published in the Diario Oficial La Gaceta (27-Oct-2014, 02-Oct-2014, 10-Sep-2014 and 05-Sep-2014), moved of all 3 of Honduras' annual October non-working public holidays to the last week of October.
A year later (12-Dec-2015 and 01-Jul-2015), a bill was introduced and passed in Honduras' legislative assembly (05-Aug-2015), to amend the "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre" and move the 3 annual October public holidays of Honduras from the last week of October to the beginning of October (14-Aug-2015), due to the rainy season coinciding with the end of October in Honduras, and to give people more time to "recover" financially from these extended holidays before the onset of the Christmas shopping season.
These 3 days of consecutive public holidays were often extended, at the last minute, to include the full week (18-Sep-2018, 28-Sep-2017, 19-Sep-2017, 06-Sep-2016).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2018)
Honduras 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-09-18: Honduras Extends 2018 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-28: Honduras Extends 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-19: Honduras 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays October 4-7
• 2016-09-06: Honduras Morazánica Public Holidays October 5-8
• 2015-12-12: Nicaragua 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-08-14: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-08-05: Honduras October Public Holidays Changes Update
• 2015-07-01: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-10-27: Honduras October Bank Holidays
• 2014-10-02: Honduras Gazettes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-10: Honduras Votes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-05: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2013-10-03: Honduras October 2013 Public Holidays
• 2013-09-24: Honduras Football Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-10-06: Honduras October 12 Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2012-10-01: Honduras October 2012 Public Holidays Moved
• 2011-09-30: Honduras October 2011 Public Holidays Moved
• 2008-10-25: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday For Civil Servants To November 10
• 2007-10-03: Honduras Changes Dates Of October Public Holidays
• 2006-10-02: Honduras' Moving of 2006 October Public Holidays Confirmed
• 2005-09-30: Honduras Confirms 2005 October Public Holidays Omission
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation