Source: Situs Resmi Kementerian Koordinator Bidang Kesejahteraan Rakyat (Jakarta)
The government of Indonesia has finally issued its annual decree ("Surat Keputusan Bersama (SKB) Hari Libur Nasional dan Cuti Bersama Tahun 2019") designating the list of Indonesian public holidays and collective leave days ("cuti bersama") for the calendar year 2019, for both the private and public sectors.
For 2019, the aforementioned decree from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, the Indonesian Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration, and the Ministry of Administrative Reform, designates 4 additional days of joint leave (Cuti Bersama), one less than some past years (03-Oct-2017, 20-Jul-2012 and 14-Jul-2011) but the same as was the case for the past four years (18-Apr-2017, 28-Dec-2016, 14-Apr-2016, 26-Jun-2015, 07-May-2014, 24-Oct-2014, 22-Feb-2015 and 23-Aug-2013), although the list of 2018 non-working public holidays in Indonesia was later extended (22-Jun-2018 and 18-Apr-2018).
The Cuti Bersama were introduced after the 2002 Bali bombings (07-Nov-2002) to promote internal tourism as a means to compensate diminishing foreign tourism. The number of these additional public holidays rose from 3 in 2002 to 6 in 2008 (31-May-2007), but then later in 2008, the number of these was sharply reduced (05-Feb-2008), while subsequent years' announcements (15-Jun-2010, 14-Jul-2011 and 01-Feb-2012) brought the total of Cuti Bersama close to the pre-2008 counts.
The list national non-working public holidays in Indonesia in 2019, comes many months later than usual, even later than last year's very late announcement (03-Oct-2017), and includes the recent addition of May 1st and June 1st as an annual non-working public holidays in Indonesia (29-Nov-2016 and 14-Aug-2013).
We can expect a parallel list of the official bank holidays in Indonesia to be announced in the coming months (24-Dec-2017, 28-Dec-2016 and 10-Jan-2016).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2018)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-06-22: Indonesian 2018 Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2018-04-18: Indonesian 2018 Public Holidays Amended
• 2017-12-24: Indonesian 2018 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2017-10-03: Indonesian 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-04-18: Indonesian 2017 Bank Holidays Amended
• 2016-12-28: Indonesian 2017 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-29: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-04-14: Indonesian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-10: Indonesian 2016 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2015-06-26: Indonesian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-02-22: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2014-10-24: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Amended
• 2014-05-07: Indonesian 2015 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2013-08-23: Indonesian 2014 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2013-08-14: Indonesian May 1st Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2012-07-20: Indonesian 2013 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-02-01: Indonesian 2012 Public Holidays Amended
• 2011-07-14: Indonesia 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-02-05: Indonesia Cancels 3 Upcoming Bridge Public Holidays
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-07: Indonesia 2002 Public Holidays Amended