Source: Maldives President's Office Press Release (Male)
The President of the Maldives, Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, has announced that he would extend the upcoming Eid-al-Adha annual public holidays of the Maldives, by a day, should the 1st of Zul-Hijja falls on August 12, 2018.
As per the text of the today's announcement, "President Yameen Abdul Gayoom has declared Sunday19th August as a public holiday, in the event that the 1st of Zul-Hijja falls on 12th August 2018", and the previously-announced (15-Jan-2018), list of 2018 public holidays in the Maldives would thus be amended as was the case in past years (06-Jun-2017, 28-Jul-2016 and 12-Jul-2016) and most recently for the 1st day of the month of Ramadan (29-Apr-2018).
• Maldives bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2018)
Maldives 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Maldives 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Maldives 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Maldives 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Maldives 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-08-08: Maldives 2018 Mulls Eid-al-Adha Public Holidays Extension
• 2018-04-29: Maldives 2018 Mulls Ramadan Public Holidays Extension
• 2018-01-15: Maldives 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-06-06: Maldives 2017 Ramadan Public Holidays Extended
• 2016-07-28: Maldives Public Holidays July 31
• 2016-07-12: Maldives Public Holidays July 26-30