Source: Agencia de Informção de Moçambique (Maputo)
Mozambique's Minister of Labour (Ministra do Trabalho, Emprego e Segurança Social - MITESS), Vitória Dias Diogo, has announced a one-off non-working public sector holiday (tolerância de ponto) in Mozambique, on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, on account of the upcoming fifth municipal elections.
As per the aforementioned announcement, the one-off non-working public sector holiday in Mozambique, on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, on account of the fifth municipal elections ("é extensiva aos cidadãos residentes nas vilas ou cidades municipalizadas e que prestam actividade laboral nos distritos não municipalizados").
The declaration of one-off non-working public holidays is a relatively common feature of Mozambique's official public holidays calendar (14-Jun-2018, 26-Feb-2016, 30-Dec-2015, 14-Jan-2015, 21-Dec-2013, 01-Aug-2013, 21-Dec-2012, 05-Dec-2011, 16-Oct-2011, 29-Dec-2010, 23-Dec-2010,...), as Mozambique's Labour Code gives the Minister of Labour the authority to declare one-off public holidays in Mozambique.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mozambique bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2018)
Mozambique 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mozambique 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mozambique 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mozambique 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mozambique 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-06-14: Mozambique Public Holiday June 15
• 2016-02-26: Mozambique Public Holiday March 25
• 2015-12-30: Mozambique 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-01-14: Mozambique Public Holiday January 15
• 2013-12-21: Mozambique Public Holidays January 1-3
• 2013-08-01: Mozambique Public Holiday October 15
• 2012-12-21: Mozambique Public Holiday December 24
• 2011-12-05: Mozambique Electoral Public Holiday December 7
• 2011-10-16: Mozambique Public Holiday Declared For October 19
• 2010-12-29: Mozambique Declares December 31 Public Sector Holiday
• 2010-12-23: Mozambique Declares Tomorrow Public Sector Holiday