Source: Ministerio del Trabajo de Nicaragua (MITRAB)
Nicaragua's Ministerio del Trabajo (Mitrab) has announced that Nicaragua's public sector workers and government services would, this year, close down for 9 consecutive days of public sector holidays in Nicaragua on account of the upcoming Holy Week 2018.
As per the aforementioned, unnumbered, announcement (los trabajadores del Estado saldrán de vacaciones este sábado, 24 de marzo, y volverán a sus labores el 2 de abril.), government services will close on Friday night, March 23, and re-open on Monday morning, April 1, 2018.
The extension of the annual, 2-day, Easter public holidays to a full week for the public sector is a regular occurrence in Nicaragua (06-Apr-2017, 15-Mar-2016, 05-Apr-2014, 05-Mar-2013, 24-Mar-2012, 08-Apr-2011, 17-Mar-2010, 20-Mar-2009, and 10-Mar-2008).
The private sector, for its part gets a 4-day non-working public holidays stretching from Thursday to Sunday.
• Nicaragua bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2018)
Nicaragua 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nicaragua 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nicaragua 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-04-06: Nicaraguan Easter 2017 Public Sector Holidays Extended
• 2016-03-15: Nicaraguan Easter 2016 Public Sector Holidays Extended
• 2014-04-05: Indonesian Bank Holiday April 9
• 2013-03-05: Nicaraguan Easter 2013 Public Sector Holidays
• 2012-03-24: Nicaraguan 9-Day Public Sector Holidays
• 2011-04-08: Nicaragua Declares 9-Day Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-03-17: Nicaragua Announces Holy Week Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-03-20: Nicaragua Announces Holy Week Public Holidays
• 2008-03-10: Nicaragua Government Holidays March 15-23