Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The Philippines House of Representatives has approved, on final reading, the bill which would declare September 8 as a new annual special working holiday to commemorate the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Recall that, last year (17-Dec-2017, 22-Dec-2017, 03-May-2017), Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte, signed into law Republic Act 10966 which implements the House Bill 5241 and Senate Bill 1430, declaring December 8 as a new annual non-working public holiday in the Philippines on account of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2018)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-01-08: Philippines January 9 Public Holiday Bill
• 2017-12-22: Philippines 2017-2018 Year-End Public Holidays Clarified
• 2017-12-17: Philippines December 8 Public Holiday Sent To President
• 2017-05-03: Philippines Votes December 8 Public Holiday