Source: Qatari News Agency (QNA)
The Qatari Amiri Diwan has announced that Tuesday, December 18, 2018, would be the date of the the annual National Day public holiday in Qatar.
December 18 was made into an annual public holiday by virtue of Qatar Law No. 61 of 2007 (22-Jun-2007). In compensation for this new public holiday, beginning in 2007, September 3 was no longer a public holiday in Qatar (22-Aug-2007). The change was later made permanent by the "Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers No. (6) of 2008, Setting the Official Holidays in the State and Organizing Work thereon" guidelines on official public holidays, and bank holidays, in Qatar (06-Feb-2008).
Since then, whenever December 18, the annual Qatari National Day public holiday, falls on Wednesday, one day away from the following Qatari weekend (16-Dec-2017 and 18-Sep-1999), or on the weekend (17-Dec-2015, 17-Dec-2013, 15-Dec-2010 and 11-Dec-2009), an additional non-working public holiday is declared in Qatar.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Qatar bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2018)
Qatar 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Qatar 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Qatar 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Qatar 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Qatar 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-16: Qatar Adds December 17 Public Holiday
• 2015-12-17: Qatar Adds December 20 Public Holiday
• 2013-12-17: Qatar Adds December 19 Public Sector Holiday
• 2010-12-15: Qatar Declares December 19 Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-12-11: Qatar Changes Date Of National Day Public Holiday
• 2008-02-06: Qatar Revamps Public Holidays Listing
• 2007-08-22: Qatar Removes September 3 From List Of National Public Holidays
• 2007-06-22: Qatar Confirms December 18 New Annual Public Holiday
• 1999-09-18: Qatar Weekends Extended to 2 Days