Source: Europa Press (Ceuta)
Earlier today, all the political parties represented in the regional assembly of Spain's autonomous region of Ceuta (PP, UDCE-IU and PSOE) have approved the declaration of the Eid al-Adha (Pascua musulmana del sacrificio) as a regional public holiday in 2010.
The decision, arrived at in the Comisión de Presidencia de la Ciudad Autónoma, follows a similar decision by the neighboring region of Melilla (22-Aug-2009), had been in the air for the last few weeks (15-Sep-2009 and 16-Sep-2009).
To compensate this new regional public holiday, as was done in Melilla, there would be a stop to the tradition of declaring the Monday after a Sunday Assumption public holiday (as will be the case in 2010) with the expected August 16 public holiday in Ceuta and Melilla, being replaced by the Eid al-Adha public holiday on November 17, 2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Spain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Spain 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Spain 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Spain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-07-11: Spain Call For New Ceuta Muslim Public Holiday
• 2013-09-12: Spain Call For Additional Ceuta Muslim Public Holiday
• 2010-11-08: Morocco Announces 2010 Feast of Sacrifice Public Holiday
• 2010-11-01: Spain Maintains Muslim Public Holiday Date
• 2010-09-23: Spain Amends Ceuta Public Holidays
• 2009-09-16: Spain's Ceuta Debates Regional Muslim Public Holiday
• 2009-09-15: Spain Could Extend Aďd Public Holiday To Ceuta
• 2009-08-22: Spain Confirms Eid al-Adha Regional Public Holiday