Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Monrovia)
Late last night, the President of the Republic of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, issued a Proclamation declaring Monday, May 11, 2015, as another one-off non-working public holiday in Liberia to commemorate Liberia being declared Ebola-free.
The declaration of one-off non-working public holidays in Liberia is relatively common (15-Dec-2014, 30-Jul-2014, 20-Jun-2012, 02-May-2012, 23-Apr-2012, 13-Jan-2012, 09-Aug-2011, 28-Jan-2011, 23-Nov-2009 and 09-Nov-2009).
Last summer (30-Jul-2014), The President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, had issued a proclamation declaring Friday, August 1st, 2014, as a one-off non-working public holiday in order to sanitize all public areas in the context of then current Ebola outbreak.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2015)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-12-15: Liberian Public Holiday December 20
• 2014-07-30: Liberian Ebola Public Holiday August 1st
• 2012-06-20: Liberian Working Public Holiday June 22
• 2012-05-02: Liberian Public Holiday May 3
• 2012-04-23: Liberian Public Holiday April 26
• 2012-01-13: Liberian Public Holiday January 16
• 2011-08-09: Liberia Declares August 23 Referendum Public Holiday
• 2011-01-28: Liberia Declares January 31 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-23: Liberia Declares November 24 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-11-09: Liberia Declares November 10 Electoral Public Holiday