Source: Gouvernement de la Côte d'Ivoire
The Ivory Coast government has transcribed the recently voted Loi N° 95-15 du 12 janvier 1995 into the Décret n°96-205 du 7 mars 1996, thus overhauling its observance of public holidays, and abrogating the Loi N° 64-290 du 20 novembre 1964.
Although the law 95-15 rescinds law 64-290, many of its dispositions are actually a return to the text of the 1964 law, which had been informally amended since then in practice.
Most notably, except for a couple of exceptions, apparently mandated by the ILO, Ivory Coast public holidays falling on a Sunday will no longer give rise to an additional, day in lieu public holiday on the following Monday.
In addition, the decree explicitly rules out the "bridge holiday" practice of declaring a public holiday on the Monday preceding a Tuesday public holiday, or on the Friday following a Thursday public holiday.
Finally, the anniversary of the death of the Ivory Coast's first president, Felix Houphouet- Boigny, on December 7, will remain a public holiday until the year 2000, inclusively.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Côte d'Ivoire bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 1996)
Côte d'Ivoire 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Côte d'Ivoire 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Côte d'Ivoire 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Côte d'Ivoire 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Côte d'Ivoire 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-29: Ivory Coast 2018 Lailatoul Kadr Public Holiday
• 2018-05-19: Ivory Coast Public Holiday May 21
• 2017-11-24: Ivory Coast Maouloud Public Holiday December 1
• 2016-08-04: Ivory Coast Public Holidays August 7-8
• 2016-07-01: Ivory Coast 2016 Lailatoul Kadr Public Holiday
• 2016-04-29: Ivory Coast Public Holidays May 1-2
• 2016-03-25: Ivory Coast Public Holidays March 27-28
• 2015-12-15: Ivory Coast Maouloud Public Holiday December 24
• 2015-07-11: Ivory Coast 2015 Lailatoul Kadr Public Holiday
• 2014-07-27: Ivory Coast 2014 Aïd el Fitr Public Holiday
• 2014-07-21: Ivory Coast 2014 Lailatoul Kadr Public Holiday
• 2014-01-10: Ivory Coast 2014 Maouloud Public Holiday
• 2014-01-01: Ivory Coast 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-22: Ivory Coast 2013 Maouloud Public Holiday
• 2012-08-18: Ivory Coast 2012 Aïd El Fitr Public Holidays
• 2012-02-03: Ivory Coast Public Holiday February 5
• 2011-12-20: Ivory Coast 2011 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2011-11-08: Ivory Coast Public Holidays Overhauled
• 2011-02-15: Ivory Coast Declares Prophet's Birthday Public Holiday Again
• 2011-02-14: Ivory Coast Declares Prophet's Birthday Public Holiday
• 2006-05-16: Ivory Coast Amends Public Holidays Rules
• 2000-12-07: Ivory Coast Observes Last December 7 Public Holiday