Source: Guam Legislative Secretary
Guam Legislative Bill No. 343, "An Act To Repeal And Reenact Section 1000, Repeal Section 1001 Of Title 1 And To Add Section 4109.5 Of Title 4 Of The Guam Code Annotated Relative To The Reduction Of The Number Of Government Of Guam Holidays", became law over the past weekend, without the Governor's signature.
This bill, sponsored by A. R. Unpingco, and passed on December 3rd in the Legislature, reduces the number of GovGuam (public sector) holidays, from 15 to 10, and cancels the every-four-year gubernatorial inauguration day public sector holiday. This cost saving measure for the Government of Guam was enacted as Public Law 26-157 and eliminates Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, Presidents Day, Discovery Day, Good Friday and The Feast of the Immaculate Conception Our Lady of Camarin Day as holidays in Guam.
The bill also re-states what is the official list of public holidays in Guam.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Guam bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2002)
Guam 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Guam 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Guam 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Guam 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Guam 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-01-12: Guam 2015 Public Holidays Amended
• 2013-12-17: Guam Bill To Restore Discovery Day Public Holiday
• 2013-12-06: Guam Public Sector Holiday December 9
• 2007-12-04: Guam December 7 Public Sector Day In Lieu
• 2004-12-22: Guam Legislature Removes Day In Lieu Public Sector Holidays
• 2002-12-05: Guam Restores Public Sector Holiday