Source: The Jakarta Post
A recent statement made by the Office of the State Minister for Administrative Reform said that holidays falling in the middle of the week would either be moved to Monday or Friday so as to give three-day weekends.
However, in a semi-joint move, the Indonesian Council of Ulemas (MUI) and the Indonesian Bishops' Conference (KWI) criticized the government's decision.
Note, however, that the policy was unofficially begun last year, in the declaration of the 2003 public holidays where many of the Muslim and Christian public holidays were moved to the nearest Monday or Friday (25-Nov-2002).
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2003)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2005-07-29: Indonesia 2006 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2004-07-19: Indonesia 2005 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2003-07-17: Indonesia 2004 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-25: Indonesia 2003 Public Holidays Gazetted