Source: Trend News Agency
During a regular sitting of the Azerbaijan Milli Majlis (Parliament), amendments to the Labour Code were passed with the aim to celebrate some holidays longer, particularly those connected with national and spiritual values.
Novruz Bayrami (the Spring Holiday) will henceforth be celebrated for 5 days, while the Id-al-Atkha (feast of sacrifice) will now be celebrated for two days.
As compensation, 3 holidays will now be classed as working days; Independence Day (October 18), Constitution Day (November 12), and Revival Day (November 17).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Azerbaijan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2006)
Azerbaijan 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Azerbaijan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Azerbaijan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Azerbaijan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Azerbaijan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-10-09: Azerbaijani November 2014 Public Holidays
• 2012-03-09: Azerbaijan October 18 Public Holidays Restored
• 2010-10-15: Azerbaijan Announces 3 November Public Holidays
• 2008-10-29: Azerbaijan To Amend Labor Code
• 2008-06-03: Azerbaijan Confirms June 16 Day In Lieu Public Holiday