Under Proclamation No. 1211, signed in Manila on January 10th, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (PGMA) has declared Saturday April 7, Monday June 11, Friday November 2 and Monday December 24, 2007, as special non-working public holidays.
Note that, in partial compensation, Tuesday, June 12, 2007, will be a regular working day, although all activities and celebrations in observance of Independence Day will be observed on June 12, 2007.
This was done to celebrate various occasions in the country, and to prolong existing weekends or public holidays.
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2007)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-04-06: Philippines Rule-Out April 9 Public Holiday Move
• 2010-07-08: Philippines Will Not Amend Public Holidays Laws
• 2010-06-14: Philippines President-Elect Could Change June 12 Public Holiday
• 2008-03-13: Philippines Declares March 22 Public Holiday
• 2007-08-09: Philippines Tinkers With Recent Public Holidays Rationalization Law
• 2007-07-25: Philippines Public Holidays Undergo Major Changes
• 2007-05-24: Philippines Confirms Special Public Holidays on June 11, November 2 and December 24
• 2007-04-24: Philippines Keeps May 1st A Labour Day Public Holiday Date