Source: El Deber (Santa Cruz de la Sierra)
Bolivia's Provincial Election Boards (CDE) have announced that they would review the progress of the current electoral registration drive on September 15, and decide then if a special public holiday needs to be declared to accelerate the voter registration process.
In May 2009, Bolivian President, Evo Morales, had announced that the government would declare staggered public holidays, state-by-state, to coincide with each of the 9 states' day of biometric census (11-May-2009).
Then, in June 2009, the president of Bolivia's electoral commission (CNE), Antonio Costas, indicated that, to the get the maximal impact, the CNE was now evaluating the possibility of declaring these public holidays nationwide, instead of region by region (26-Jun-2009).
Finally, last month, electoral commission President, Antonio Costas, confirmed the likelihood of public holidays in September or October, 2009, to facilitate the upcoming national census (30-Jul-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2009)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-11-08: Bolivian Census Public Holiday November 21
• 2012-10-12: Bolivia Considering Consultation Public Holiday
• 2012-06-30: Bolivian 2012 Census Public Holidays
• 2009-09-14: Bolivia Confirms Upcoming Census Public Holidays
• 2009-07-30: Bolivia Census Public Holidays Update
• 2009-06-26: Bolivia Considering Nationwide Census Public Holidays In September
• 2009-05-11: Bolivia Announces Staggered Nationwide Public Holidays