Source: Confirmado (Quito)
Ecuador's Tourism Minister, Verónica Sion, has announced that the upcoming Carnival public holidays would not be moved to a later date as had been widely suggested due to the bad road conditions between the highlands and the coastal areas of Ecuador.
The main argument of the Minister was that the public holidays in Ecuador for the period 2008-2011 were fixed once and for all in 2007 (20-Jun-2007) and that any last-minute change would make tour operators and individual vacationers wary of making any travel plans in the future.
A fake news item, using the online style of the El Universo newspaper, had earlier circulated in Ecuador, announcing that the February 23-24 Carnival public holidays had been postponed to March 9-10, 2009, causing the aforementioned newspaper to issue an online rebuttal.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ecuador bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2009)
Ecuador 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ecuador 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ecuador 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-10-08: Ecuador Could Move November 3 Public Holiday
• 2009-04-07: Ecuador Confirms Holy Week Public Holidays
• 2009-02-26: Ecuador To Consider Additional Easter Public Holiday
• 2009-02-21: Ecuador Announces Carnival Public Holidays Recuperation Schedule
• 2007-06-20: Ecuador Confirms 2008-2011 Public Holidays