Source: Proceso Digital (Tegucigalpa)
Honduras' Minister of the Interior (Ministro de Gobernación), Oscar Matute, announced yesterday that the upcoming, October 21, Army Day public holiday would be moved to the following Monday, October 26, 2009.
As was the case last year (25-Oct-2008 and 16-Sep-2008), this decision was based on a ministerial decision of 2006 (01-Apr-2006), itself based loosely on Article 3 of the Decreto 50-2003 which moves some fixed date public holidays that fall mid-week to the following Monday (09-Apr-2003).
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2009)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-04-24: Honduras To Consider Public Holidays Review
• 2008-10-25: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday For Civil Servants To November 10
• 2008-09-16: Honduras Moves Two Upcoming Public Holidays To Following Monday
• 2006-04-01: Honduras Changes October Public Holidays Rules
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation