Source: Gazeta (Astana)
Kazakhstan's President, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has signed into law the amendments to Kazakhstan's Law on Holidays (On The Introduction Of Amendments To The Law On Holidays Of The Republic Of Kazakhstan), voted last month by Kazakhstan's Parliament, the Majilis.
As we reported last month (04-Mar-2009), these amendments will extend the Nauryz Meiramy (Persian New Year) public holiday from its current one-day (March 22) to 3 days (March 21-23), while canceling the October 25 Republic Day public holiday.
As a side-effect, since October 25 was Kazakhstan's official National Day, the August 30 Constitution Day public holiday, is now to be Kazakhstan's official National Day.
Previous substantial amendments to the law on public holidays in Kazakhstan were passed in 2008 (23-Jun-2008), 2005 (28-Dec-2005) and 2001 (14-Dec-2001).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kazakhstan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Kazakhstan 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kazakhstan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kazakhstan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kazakhstan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kazakhstan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-02-17: Kazakhstan March 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-03-03: Kazakhstan 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-01-13: Kazakhstan 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-17: Kazakhstan 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-26: Kazakhstan 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-02-18: Kazakhstan 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-02-17: Kazakhstan 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-01-14: Kazakhstan 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-03-05: Kazakhstan Adds Day To Novruz Public Holidays
• 2009-10-21: Kazakhstan Confirms October 25 Public Holiday Cancellation
• 2009-08-26: Kazakhstan Confirms Constitution Day Public Holidays Details
• 2009-04-29: Kazakhstan Confirms May Public Holidays
• 2009-03-04: Kazakhstan Majilis Approves Public Holidays Law Amendments
• 2008-06-23: Kazakhstan Senate Votes July 6 Public Holiday
• 2005-12-28: Kazakhstan Adds New Orthodox And Muslim Public Holidays
• 2001-12-14: Kazakhstan Gazettes Amended Public Holidays Legislation