Source: iLoubnan (Beirut)
Yesterday, Lebanon's Development and Liberation bloc MP, Anwar al-Khalil, called for the cabinet to announce May 25 as a national public holiday to be called the "Resistance and Liberation Day".
May 25 was observed in Lebanon as "Resistance and Liberation Day", an annual public holiday from 2000-2005, to commemorate the withdrawal of Israeli troops in 2000 (25-May-2000), but that observance was relegated to the second Sunday of May as part of the 2005 revision of public holidays in Lebanon (06-Oct-2005).
Coincidentally, May 25 is also the anniversary of last year's election of Lebanon's President, which ended a political stalemate that had left Lebanon without a President since November 2007. The day after that election, May 26, 2008, had been declared a one-off public holiday (23-May-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Lebanon bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2009)
Lebanon 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Lebanon 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Lebanon 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Lebanon 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Lebanon 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-04-28: Lebanon Public Holidays May 4-7
• 2015-05-12: Lebanon Public Holiday May 25
• 2012-05-16: Lebanese Call For April 26 Public Holiday
• 2012-05-15: Lebanon Public Holiday May 25
• 2011-05-21: Lebanon Declares Resistance and Liberation Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-05-22: Lebanon Declares May 25 Public Holiday
• 2008-05-23: Lebanon Declares May 26 Public Holiday To Celebrate End Of Presidential Stalemate
• 2005-10-06: Lebanon Revises List Of Public Holidays
• 2000-05-25: Lebanon Adds May 25 Public Holiday