Source: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Monrovia)
Liberian President, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, has once again issued a proclamation declaring Tuesday, November 24, 2009, as a one-off regional public holiday on the occasion of the Montserrado County Senatorial run-off by-election, to be observed throughout Montserrado County.
Two weeks ago (09-Nov-2009), the date of the initial by-election had also been declared a one-off regional non-working public holiday.
Montserrado County is the most populous county of Liberia and hosts the seat of the national government of Liberia, as well as the city of Monrovia, Liberia's capital.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2009)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-06: Liberia Electoral Public Holiday October 10
• 2015-05-11: Liberian Public Holiday May 11
• 2014-12-15: Liberian Public Holiday December 20
• 2014-07-30: Liberian Ebola Public Holiday August 1st
• 2013-10-09: Liberian New Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-06-20: Liberian Working Public Holiday June 22
• 2012-05-02: Liberian Public Holiday May 3
• 2012-04-23: Liberian Public Holiday April 26
• 2012-01-13: Liberian Public Holiday January 16
• 2011-08-09: Liberia Declares August 23 Referendum Public Holiday
• 2011-01-28: Liberia Declares January 31 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-09: Liberia Declares November 10 Electoral Public Holiday