Source: El Nuevo Diario (Managua)
Nicaragua's Ministerio del Trabajo (Mitrab) has declared a public sector holiday for the afternoon of Monday, December 7, 2009.
The MITRAB communique states that the private sector is encouraged to follow suit, but that in any case the next day, the December 8, the Gritería a la Inmaculada Concepción de María, public holiday, is a non-working day for both the private and public sectors.
The declaration of the afternoon of December 7 as a public holiday is not systematic, but it has occurred in many occasions in the past, in 2006 (06-Dec-2006), 2004 (01-Dec-2004) and 2000 (04-Dec-2000).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nicaragua bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2009)
Nicaragua 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nicaragua 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nicaragua 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-01: Nicaragua Public Holidays December 7-8
• 2016-12-05: Nicaragua Public Holidays December 7-8-9
• 2015-12-04: Paraguay Public Sector Holiday December 7
• 2015-12-02: Nicaragua Public Holidays December 7-8
• 2012-11-24: Nicaraguan Full Public Holiday December 8
• 2011-11-29: Nicaragua Declares December 8 Public Holiday
• 2010-12-01: Nicaragua Declares December 7 Public Holiday
• 2009-12-07: Paraguay Declares Half-Day Public Sector Holiday
• 2006-12-06: Nicaragua Declares Civil Service Half-Day Public Holiday
• 2004-12-01: Nicaragua 2004-2005 Year-End Public Holidays Announced
• 2000-12-04: Nicaragua Declares December 7 Public Sector Holiday