Source: Anguilla Express (The Valley)
The new Anguillan cabinet of Chief Minister Hubert Hughes has announced in Parliament that Tuesday, March 2, 2010, will be a public holiday to honor the father of the nation, James Ronald Webster.
The March 2nd birthday of James Ronald Webster was set to become a new public holiday, beginning in 2008, but a last-minute motion in the legislature downgraded it to a school holiday only (25-May-2007).
But after his election, last month, Anguilla's recently elected Chief Minister, Hubert Hughes, had announced that the birthday of James Ronald Webster would henceforth be a full-fledged public holiday in Anguilla (17-Feb-2010).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Anguilla bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2010)
Anguilla 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Anguilla 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Anguilla 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Anguilla 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Anguilla 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-02-02: Anguilla 2014 Public Holidays Released
• 2012-08-25: Anguilla 2013 Public Holidays Released
• 2011-11-07: Anguilla 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-10: Anguilla 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-02-17: Anguilla Set To Generalize March 2 As Public Holiday
• 2007-05-25: Anguilla New Public Holiday Downgraded To School Holiday