Source: Agence Tchadienne de Presse (N’Djamena)
In its meeting of last Thursday, Chad's Conseil des Ministres has announced that the upcoming, August 11, 2010, National Day public holiday had been postponed by 6 months and would be observed on January 11, 2011, instead.
As per the official minutes of the July 1st Conseil des Ministres, the National Day public holiday which falls in Chad's winter, was moved in 2010 ("la journée du 11 janvier remplace celle du 11 août comme date anniversaire de la proclamation de l'indépendance, fête nationale") to ensure that its 50th commemoration would be accessible to the greatest number.
It is, for the moment, unclear what will happen to the additional non-working public holiday declared in Chad, late last year (31-Dec-2009), for August 12, 2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Chad bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2010)
Chad 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Chad 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Chad 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Chad 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Chad 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-08-10: Chad August 12 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2011-08-10: Chad Restores August 11 Public Holiday
• 2010-11-08: Chad Declares January 11-12 Public Holidays
• 2010-08-10: Chad January 11 Public Holiday Gazetted
• 2009-12-31: Chad Public Holidays August 11-12