Source: The Nation (Nairobi)
Earlier today, Kenya's government spokesman, Alfred Mutua, has announced that, effective immediately, and as per the recently-promulgated new constitution, October 10, the day previously observed as Moi Day, is no longer a public holiday.
The removal of the October 10 (and consequently, the October 11, day in lieu, public holiday, in 2010) has been one of the salient elements of the new constitution, ever since the first drafts of the new constitution were circulated by Kenya's Committee of Experts on Constitutional Review, last year (21-Nov-2009).
The date of the referendum (30-Jul-2010) and promulgation (12-Aug-2010) of the new constitution were both declared one-off public holidays, as was the date of the census leading up to the referendum (23-Aug-2009).
• Kenya bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2010)
Kenya 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kenya 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kenya 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-08: Kenya Declares October 10 Public Holiday
• 2018-10-01: Kenya October 10 Moi Public Holiday Uncertain
• 2017-11-09: Kenya Restores October 10 Moi Public Holiday
• 2014-05-30: Kenyan Public Holiday June 2
• 2010-12-10: Kenya Declares December 13 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-12: Kenya Declares August 27 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-30: Kenya Declares August 4 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-21: Kenyan Constitutional Reform Would Keep Only 3 Public Holidays
• 2009-08-23: Kenya Declares August 25 Census Public Holiday