Source: Manila Bulletin (Manila)
Philippines Presidential Spokesperson, Edwin Lacierda, has announced that the government would try to confirm, or not, the 3 upcoming December public holidays before the end of the month.
As per Proclamation 1841 ().
However, since his election, President Benigno Aquino (17-Jun-2010) has announced that he would declare each public holiday on a case-by-case basis (12-Jul-2010). As such, some of the previously gazetted public holidays were canceled (11-Aug-2010) while others remained in place (11-Nov-2010 and 13-Aug-2010), albeit after a period of uncertainty (12-Aug-2010).
When asked about the government's recent promise to "soon" declare 2011 public holidays (13-Nov-2010), Spokesperson Lacierda remained vague ("We will discuss it with the Executive Secretary").
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2010)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-12-20: Philippines 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-13: Philippines Promises 2011 Public Holidays Soon
• 2010-11-11: Philippines Declares November 29 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-13: Philippines Declare August 30 A Public Holiday
• 2010-08-12: Philippines Could Cancel August 30 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-11: Philippines Cancels August 23 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-12: Philippines To Review Public Holidays Economics
• 2010-06-17: Philippines Declares June 30 Public Holiday
• 2007-07-25: Philippines Public Holidays Undergo Major Changes