Source: Bahrain News Agency (BNA)
Bahrain's Prime Minister, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, has issued a circular on the upcoming May 1st, Labour Day, public holiday.
As per the aforementioned circular, all government ministries, state bodies and establishments will be closed on Sunday, May 1, 2011.
Note that, contrary to what happened for the last 2 years (29-Apr-2010 and 24-Apr-2009), there will be no day in lieu compensatory public holiday on Monday, May 2, 2011, in Bahrain, as the weekends in Bahrain are currently set to Fridays and Saturdays (02-Aug-2006).
• Bahrain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2011)
Bahrain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bahrain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bahrain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-04-26: Bahrain Labour Day 2015 Public Holidays
• 2012-04-29: Bahrain Public Holiday May 1st
• 2010-04-29: Bahrain Declares May 2 Substitute Public Holiday
• 2009-04-24: Bahrain Day In Lieu Public Holiday
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday