Source: The Daily Herald (Willemstad)
The cabinet of Curaçao's Prime Minister, Gerrit Schotte, has announced that it had declared Monday, October 10, 2011, as an official non-working public holiday to commemorate the first anniversary of the date when Curaçao gained autonomous country status.
As per the aforementioned Curaçao government announcement, October 10 will be an annual non-working public holiday, called "Curaçao Day", from this year onward.
The announcement went on to say that the, July 2, annual National Flag and Anthem Day would remain an official non-working public holiday, but that the, December 15, Kingdom Day public holiday, added a few years ago (12-Sep-2008), would no longer be a public holiday in Curaçao.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Curaçao bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2011)
Curaçao 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Curaçao 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Curaçao 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Curaçao 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Curaçao 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-03-03: Curacao 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-02: Curacao 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-10-09: Sint Maarten Adds Constitution Day Public Holiday
• 2014-12-14: Curacao 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-02-27: Curacao 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-20: Curacao 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-10-04: Sint Maarten October 10 Public Holiday Ruled-Out Again
• 2012-01-13: Curacao 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-11-23: Bonaire Kingdom Day Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2011-10-17: Sint Maarten October 10 Public Holiday Update
• 2011-09-30: Sint Maarten October 10 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2008-09-12: Netherlands Antilles Confirms New Kingdom Day Public Holiday