Source: La Prensa (Tegucigalpa)
The Ministry of Tourism of Honduras has proposed moving the upcoming April 14 public holiday to Monday, April 18, 2011, and declaring the entire upcoming Holy Week as public holidays for Honduras' public sector employees.
The proposed measure will be considered during next week's Council of Ministers.
In the past, the April 14 annual public holiday has often, but not systematically (16-Sep-2008), been moved to another date (12-Apr-2010, 14-Apr-2009, and 28-Mar-2007) under the terms of the Decreto 50-2003, signed into law by then President, Ricardo Maduro, and which moves fixed date public holidays that fall mid-week to the following Monday.
The annual 2 days of Easter public holidays have likewise often been extended for Honduras' public sector, to last for the entire full Holy Week (10-Mar-2010, 03-Apr-2009, 15-Mar-2008, 28-Mar-2007, and 04-Apr-2006).
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2011)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-04-17: Honduras Declares April 20 Bank Holiday
• 2011-04-12: Honduras Declares Holy Week Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-04-12: Honduras Confirms Moving April 14 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-10: Honduras Declares Holy Week Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-04-14: Honduras Surprised By Public Holiday Move
• 2009-04-03: Honduras Declares Early Start For Easter Week Public Holidays
• 2008-09-16: Honduras Moves Two Upcoming Public Holidays To Following Monday
• 2008-03-15: Honduras Declares March 17-19 Public Sector Holidays
• 2007-03-28: Honduras Easter Week Public Sector Holidays Update
• 2006-04-04: Honduras Public Sector Holidays April 8-16