Source: Antara News Agency (Jakarta)
Earlier this morning, the Indonesian government announced that it had decided to declare another one-off bridge public holiday (locally known as collective leave) for Friday, June 3, 2011, in conjunction with the already gazetted annual public holiday of Thursday, June 2, 2011.
The aforementioned announcement, made by Agung Laksono, the Indonesian coordinating minister for people's welfare, follows on the heels of the recent (13-May-2011), last-minute, declaration of May 16 as a bridge public holiday, ahead of the annual public holiday of Waisak on Tuesday, May 17, 2011.
The Cuti Bersama were introduced after the 2002 Bali bombings (07-Nov-2002) to promote internal tourism as a means to compensate diminishing foreign tourism. The number of these additional public holidays rose from 3 in 2002 to 6 in 2008 (31-May-2007), but then later in 2008, the number of these was sharply reduced (05-Feb-2008), and the trend continued for the 3 following years (10-Jun-2008, 09-Aug-2009, and 15-Jun-2010).
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2011)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-05-13: Indonesia Declares May 16 Public Holiday
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2009-08-09: Indonesia 2010 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-06-10: Indonesia 2009 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-02-05: Indonesia Cancels 3 Upcoming Bridge Public Holidays
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-07: Indonesia 2002 Public Holidays Amended