Source: Legislature of Liberia Senate (Monrovia)
Liberian Senator John Akel Ballout has introduced a bill in the Liberian Legislature that would make the End of Ramadan an official non-working public holiday in Liberia.
Over the years, there have been recurring calls for Muslim public holidays to be added to the list of official Liberian public holidays (02-Sep-2009, 04-Jan-2008 and 01-Jul-2006).
In related news, there is still no official, or otherwise, announcement of a one-off public holiday in Liberia on Tuesday, October 11, 2011, to coincide with the upcoming Presidential and Legislative elections, as was done last summer (09-Aug-2011) on the date of the National Constitutional Referendum.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2011)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-06: Liberia Electoral Public Holiday October 10
• 2016-08-25: Liberia Mulls 2 New Muslim Public Holidays
• 2011-08-09: Liberia Declares August 23 Referendum Public Holiday
• 2009-09-02: Liberia Muslim Public Holidays Update
• 2008-01-04: Liberia Information Minister Calls For Adding Muslim Public Holidays
• 2006-07-01: Liberia Pressured To Declare Muslim Public Holidays