Source: The Nation Online (Abuja)
The chairman of Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, has stated that he expected Monday, April 4, 2011, to be declared a public holiday or at least a non-working day.
The aforementioned statement followed last night's last-minute postponement of today's elections to next Monday.
A few states had declared a public holiday yesterday (30-Mar-2011), "to enable prospective voters that may need to travel for the purpose of casting their votes to do so".
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nigeria bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2011)
Nigeria 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nigeria 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nigeria 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nigeria 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Nigeria 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-05: Nigeria Mulls PVC Public Holidays
• 2011-04-23: Nigeria Declares April 26 Public Holiday
• 2011-04-04: Nigeria Cancels April 4 State Public Holidays
• 2011-03-30: Nigeria Declares April 1st Public Holiday