Source: Communiqués de presse de la Présidence de la République d'Haïti (Port-au-Prince)
The Office of Communication of the Presidency of Haiti has announced that Haiti's President, Michel Martelly, has issued an Executive Order declaring Thursday, January 12, 2012, as a one-off non-working public holiday to commemorate the second anniversary of the earthquake of January 12, 2010.
As per the aforementioned Executive Order, the public holiday of Thursday, January 12, 2012, will be a non-working public holiday for public administrations, schools, commerce and industry (ie. all sectors of the Haitian economy).
A one-off public holiday had already been declared a month after the 2010 Earthquake (10-Feb-2010) to "pay homage to the innumerable victims of the earthquake, many buried in anonymity". But no such public holiday was declared in 2011.
• Haiti bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2012)
Haiti 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Haiti 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Haiti 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-07: Haiti Rules-Out October 8 Public Holiday
• 2016-01-08: Haiti Rules-Out 2016 Earthquake Public Holiday
• 2013-01-10: Haiti Earthquake Public Holiday Ruled-Out in 2013
• 2012-10-25: Haiti Hurricane Public Holiday October 26
• 2010-02-10: Haiti Declares February 12 Public Holiday