Source: Laman Web Rasmi Bahagian Kabinet Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Kuala Lumpur)
Malaysia's Cabinet's and the Constitution and Government Relations Department of the Prime Minister's Office have jointly issued the official Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2013 and State Public Holiday Schedule 2013.
The aforementioned Jadual Hari Kelepasan Am Persekutuan 2013 (Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2013) re-confirms the 2009 Malaysian Cabinet decision to celebrate Hari Malaysia as a national public holiday (19-Oct-2009).
For its part, the aforementioned State Public Holiday Schedule 2013 also re-confirms the addition of the "Pengisytiharaan Tapak Warisan Dunia Pulau Pinang" regional public holiday in Penang (17-Jun-2010), and the modified dates for the 2 Johor State public holidays commemorating the Johor Sultan's Birthday and the previous Sultan's Hari Hol Almarhum (15-Mar-2010).
Both of the aforementioned announcements confirm last year's (08-Dec-2011) publication by Malaysia's governmental Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia, aka. JAKIM) of its Islamic calendar for 2013 (corresponding to 1434-1435 AH) and related annual Islamic non-working public holidays in Malaysia.
Finally, the Malaysian Jadual Hari Kelepasan Am Persekutuan 2013 (Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2013) specifies the date of Saturday, November 2nd, 2013, as the date of the 2013 Deepavali public holiday in Malaysia, in contrast to the Singapore-announced date of Sunday, November 3, 2012, which we have already reported on as possibly incorrect (09-Apr-2012).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2012)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-05-13: Malaysian State Public Holidays June 3-4
• 2012-11-20: India 2013 Tamil Nadu Public Holidays Released
• 2012-11-17: Malaysian Deepavali Public Holiday Extension Ruled-Out
• 2012-11-13: Malaysian 2013 Public Holidays Amended
• 2012-04-09: Singapore 2013 Public Holidays Released
• 2011-12-08: Malaysian 2013 Islamic Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-06-17: Malaysia Confirms July 7 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-15: Malaysia Updates Johor State Public Holidays
• 2009-10-19: Malaysia To Finally Declare Malaysia Day Public Holiday