Source: Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines (Twitter)
Philippines' Deputy presidential spokesperson, Abigail Valte, has announced that, once again, President Benigno Aquino III had ruled-out the declaration of a non-working public holiday on Friday, July 13, 2012, the date of the recently-announced Day of Remembrance for the late comedian Rodolfo "Dolphy" Vera Quizon.
The aforementioned announcement by Deputy spokesperson Valte on her twitter account was short and to the point: "Nice try, folks. Tomorrow is NOT a non-working holiday".
Three years ago, the Philippines' President, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA), had declared Wednesday, August 5, 2009, as a one-off special non-working public holiday, on the day of the funeral of the late former President Corazon "Cory" Aquino (02-Aug-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2012)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-10-24: Philippines All Souls Day 2015 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-30: Philippines November 2 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-13: Philippines October 15 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-08-19: Philippines August 22 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-07-21: Philippines July 28 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-06-08: Philippines June 13 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2013-04-23: Philippines Public Holiday May 13
• 2009-08-02: Philippines Declares August 5 Public Holiday