Source: Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines (Twitter)
Philippines' Deputy presidential spokesperson, Abigail Valte, has announced that President Benigno Aquino III had ruled-out any upcoming amendment of Proclamation 295 to declare Monday, June 11, 2012, as a non-working public holiday in the Philippines to mark the annual Independence Day holiday.
The aforementioned announcement by Deputy spokesperson Valte said that despite June 12 falling on a Tuesday in 2012, "The celebration will remain. We will celebrate as it falls so June 12, Tuesday," in line with Proclamation No. 295, s. 2011, signed by President Aquino late last year (01-Dec-2011), which lists the special and regular public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2012.
Under former president Macapagal-Arroyo, the concept of holidays economics had seen mid-week public holidays moved to adjoin a nearby weekend (25-Jul-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2012)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-10-24: Philippines All Souls Day 2015 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-30: Philippines November 2 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-10-13: Philippines October 15 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-08-19: Philippines August 22 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-07-21: Philippines July 28 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-06-08: Philippines June 13 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2013-04-23: Philippines Public Holiday May 13
• 2011-12-01: Philippines 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2007-07-25: Philippines Public Holidays Undergo Major Changes